One of the most important developments in smartphone development is growing support for both a wide range of 3G mobile networks and local Wi-Fi hotspots. This provides enormous flexibility for users and potentially significant cost savings for the company. There are five reasons why companies should take serious consideration of promoting Wi-Fi on smartphones:
1. Wi-Fi can unlock 3G data transfer. To pick up the user's tab & # 39; 3G cellular plans can be a significant cost. Using Wi-Fi when it's accessible – especially with explosive growth of free Wi-Fi – can deny a user's megabytes & # 39; 3G plans, reduce the cost of the company while supporting users in their chosen mobility platform.
2. Wi-Fi can eliminate unnecessary 3G international roaming charges. International travelers using the smartphone abroad can easily set up hundreds and even thousands of dollars in 3G network roaming charges in one business trip. These charges can run as much as $ 10 per megabytes. Wi-Fi support on the smartphone allows users to access the internet and corporate network services much better.
3. Wi-Fi access can improve application performance. The bandwidth available on an internet access connection can significantly affect the performance of applications, especially those that include voice and video. In addition, loudness can destroy the use of voice and camera, causing frustration and precious mistakes. Wi-Fi delivers higher performance and lower frequency than 3G. In addition, with certain 3G programs, bandwidth decreases as users exceed the predetermined monthly download limit.
4. Wi-Fi often provides coverage because 3G does not. When 3G signals are weak or unavailable in some places, smartphone users can often use Wi-Fi hotspots. And Wi-Fi helps users reduce their download points and provide high quality transport if they should exceed their monthly limits.
5. Wi-Fi gives users of the smartphone access by air. A number of airline companies offer Wi-Fi in flight, enabling business users to take advantage of the temporary use of the season by updating personal calendars, linking WebEx meetings, checking email and keeping in touch through chat. This is an important option for smartphone users, especially in the United States where FCC rules prohibit the use of mobile phone networks in flight.
Smartphones have become indispensable for mobile phone users, whether they go from one meeting to another or need to travel to meet customers, partners or collections. Sometimes an employee can choose to carry only smartphone, rely on connectivity to keep in touch and update.
Firms often invest in liquidity management solutions that provide access to many services in locations across locations around the world. Easy-to-use service for switching between WiFi and 3G connections as well as links to a server search engine that shows available connections can improve employee productivity and connectivity. Simple and seamless access to connections will also reduce call center Help Center. And because mobile workers often carry a laptop as well as smartphones, the connection usage increases depending on the device that allows the device.
3G connections are not always available or sometimes run slowly. Wi-Fi access can provide a combination of performance and economy and high savings for the company.
Source by K Hickey