Now people live in the digital age – mobile devices, electronic gadgets, IoT products, wireless connections, e-entertainment services, etc. Time. friends, business tasks, games, etc.
Every mobile module needs a special software program to ensure the hardware works properly. Nowadays, the most popular Android is Android and iOS.
What are the differences between iOS and Android development?
- Programming Language. Current applications are created in Java (for Android-based programs) and Objective-C (iOS-based programs). Some developers prefer Java because it is easy to understand and the implementation of one and the same function requires less Java code than the C-object. But a programming language has been used recently. It's called Swift. This open source language was created by Apple.
- IDE. Encryption requires a special place. This is an integrated development environment such as Delphi, NetBeans, Visual Basic, etc. Google has Android Studio. Previously, Eclipse IDE and Android Development Toolkit were used to create Android-based applications. Apple only uses XCode.
- OS. When developing iOS-based applications, developers and testers can only use Mac OS. But Android-based programs can be created on Mac, Linux, and Windows. Preference. In addition, Mac OS is more expensive than Windows.
They differ in the development and architecture of Android and iOS products, so mobile testing of both operating system applications has special features.
What aspects affect mobile testing?
- installation. The number of Android devices is higher than iOS, and the update process takes more time than iOS. As a result, Android testing is more time consuming and requires more resources and effort. In addition, the latest updates are sometimes unexpected for some product families. IOS devices do not have this problem.
- Screen Size and Resolution. The variety of Android devices makes it difficult to test. There are several Android devices with different screen sizes and layouts. Generally, iOS products are similar and take less time to check.
- Reservoirs. All Android devices have their own functionality and performance capability, and these unique features should be taken into consideration during Android testing. For proper operation, the software product requires the specified capacities.
- usability. It is difficult to test the usability of Android applications because the interface between different devices is different. It also depends on the version.
Consequently, the general procedure for iOS and Android mobile application testing is the same. However, Android testing requires more time and resources due to the large number of available tools.