As part of the development of the entire project framework, the technical author must first develop the certification documentation. This document, which is also a "business case", defines the root causes of the project. Here is a simple guide to creating a project certification.
Exploring the Problem
Businesses do not engage in entertaining projects; they are being implemented to solve a particular issue or problem. The problem needs to be clearly and accurately described at the beginning of the document, so you can show how to solve the problem.
For example, if you want to implement a new HRMS (Human Resource Management System), the problem may be; "The HR team is currently spending about 80% of its time on non-productive administrative tasks, dramatically reducing the efficiency of the feature."
This should be a simple statement for project definition. This allows the reader to understand what you propose.
"We intend to introduce an automatic HRMS system to reduce hand-held administration".
The problem and solution can not justify the project for bets and policy makers, so you need to have the right information to support your recommendation.
Examples of Information You Need:
- Market Demand – Not always the strongest argument, but if you can show that all competitors use similar systems, to consider in the body.
- Business Needs – In this example, the business need is clear, the HR team devotes most of the working time to non-professional tasks and costs money.
- Customer needs – What is your customers screaming for? Do not forget to involve both internal customers and external users.
- Technological Progress – What's going on in the world around you, are there any compelling case studies on how IT and systems evolve?
- Legal – Do not forget all the important obligations of the law if you can demonstrate that your project is committed to compliance or facilitates compliance.
Writing a business case or a project certificate is an essential part of a larger project entry process. Ideally, write this early project life cycle to get help and funding. You will also be able to clearly identify the goals of the task so that members of the team will get a clear message.