With advances in technology, every day a new idea is drawn in the mind of someone who could change how we respect. One such earthquake thought in the minds of brilliant professor at the University of Edinburgh, Harald Haas, in the UK in 2003. His idea was to use Light Emitting Diodes as a medium to transfer data from one system to another. This review became very popular after his TED chat in 2011.
Now is the question of the hour what exactly is LI FI?
LI-FI is a short hand representation for Light Fidelity. Confidence as in dictionary is faithful. As in the name it can be said that this technology works on light.
Simple is possible on Wi-Fi. While Wi-Fi uses wireless wireless, the LI-FI concept is the use of visible light spectrum.
Coming into Detail, LI-FI works with LED lights that are converted to a wireless transmitter. To receive data from these lights, we need a dongle kind that works like a modem. This dongle can be connected to a laptop or tablet. They can be connected to the tablets or laptops through a USB port. There is a sensor in the modem that takes the light down and then an infrared part that sends signals back to the light source.
LED lights have a network that allows many users to connect one light source and provide the ability to transfer from one light source to another without losing the connection.
The long-term entrepreneur is to get this technology in a variety of devices and lighting networks. To make this technology a comprehensive adaptability, it is necessary to compress dongles into Application Specified Integrated Circuit (ASIC) or SystemCast (SoC) to make it easily integrated into various devices such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, accessories, and much more.
Advantages of Approval LI-FI
- Since the light does not penetrate walls, this technology allows users to create secure networks with much higher security.
- The strength of the network can be increased by increasing the number of light sources. This can lead to a very efficient network.
- Once these sensors and dongles are approved, we can use little, low energy and environmentally friendly technology in our daily lives.
- LI-FI has the caliber to increase its ability to transfer data at a speed that can be approximately. 100 times Wi-Fi technology using LED lights.
- LI-FI net allows users to roam a room or anywhere in the installed fire service.
- LI-FI adoption can reduce load from existing networks and free bandwidth for outdoors.
LI-FI may seem better than existing Wi-Fi systems, but it's actually complimenting it. It would take at least 10 to 15 years that technology would be incorporated into our daily lives.
Source by Jayasree Challa