For Microsoft Windows operating systems, the Windows Installer package installs, repairs, re-installs, or removes programs. Most Microsoft and non-Microsoft software uses the Installer to install, repair, and uninstall software.
The increasing use of the utility has been solved in some mistakes. The most commonly encountered users experience: & # 39; The Windows Installer service is unavailable & # 39;, & # 39; 1706 Error: Installer Can not Find the Required Files & # 39; Error 1720: There is a problem with this installer package. The script for the installation can not be run. & # 39;
Here are some ways to fix Windows 7 installer:
1. Reinstall Installer
2. Repair Registry Keys
3. Modify the Image Bar in the Registry
4. Enable RPC to Work on Desktop
no longer appears if it is linked to the installation files. To fix the installer for Windows 7, follow these steps.
first Click Start | button All Programs Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
3. Enter the following commands one after pressing ENTER at the end:
a. ren msi.dll msi.old
b. ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old
c. ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old
4. Type EXIT, and then press ENTER.
5. Download the installer's fresh copy of the Microsoft Web site.
Fixed Registration Keys
The Widow Registry is one of the most common problems in general computing. This is due to the importance of its use as a software storage device. Setup may experience errors and problems if the registry entry is broken. We recommend that you use a registration utility to repair the Windows 7 installer.
Changing the Image Bar in the Registry
The path to the full file's installation path (ie, image path) is registered in the registry. Windows Installer running Windows Installer's invalid path may cause errors. To fix the Windows 7 installer, you need to provide a valid path for the Windows Installer package.
first Click Start | button Run.
2. Type% WinDir% System32, and then press ENTER. [Note:% WinDir% refer to Windows directory, usually C: Windows]
3rd Did you find the MSIExec.exe file? If yes, describe the full path of the file, usually C: Windows System32 MSIExec.exe]
4. Close Windows Explorer.
5. Complete Step 1 above.
6. Type RegEdit, and then press ENTER.
7. Open the following registry: 8. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services MSIServer
8. Double-click the ImagePath string to modify it.
9. Enter the valid path in step 3. Then press ENTER.
10. Close the Registry Editor.
11. Restart the computer in Safe mode. [To enter into Safe mode, press F8 key before Windows starts loading.]
12th Do step 1 above.
a. Windows 7 32-bit users: Type msiexec / regserver
b. Windows 7 64-bit users: Type% windir% Syswow64 Msiexec / regserver
13. Press ENTER.
14. Restart the device.
RPC works on desktop
To improve Windows 7 setup, try to enable Remote Procedure Call (RPC) on desktop.
first Click Start | button Run.
2. Type Services.msc, and then press ENTER.
3. Right-click Remote Procedure Call Service and select Properties.
4. Click the Login tab.
5. Select Local System Account.
6. Select the check box to enable the service interaction on the desktop.
7. Click OK and restart your device.
Windows Installer has the registry keys that allow you to install, remove, and repair software programs. The highly recommended solution is to use the registry fixer program, to inspect the registry, and to fix problems immediately.
Which registration repair program should I use?