Microsoft Excel is known as the most popular information management tool in the world. It is developed by Microsoft Corporation. It provides users with a smart interface to organize and manage great data and information with ease. Excel stores all your data in a document called workbook.
Many experts use MS Excel spreadsheets to keep a record of very important and confidential data in tabular form. In the past, people used Excel workbook to store their contact information. The idea of saving contacts in Excel files was completely reliable as all data and information were stored in a regulated manner. Due to changes in communication, people have become more serious for contact information. By storing contacts in Excel files has become an old trend, vCard has now become a popular file format among computer users.
The VCard file format is generally used to store contacts and transfer business card data. It is very popular with computer users, and it is widely supported by many devices, applications and systems. For flexible communication, wider access contacts are very important. This is why users need to change their contacts Excel documents in vCard format.
It's an easy and simple manual trick that can export all contacts from Excel files into vCard files. The trick does not require a third-party tool while manual operation. Follow the instructions below:
Perform Excel to CSV Conversion
- Open the Excel (XLS or XLSX) file on your system.
- Click the Office button> Save A s> O ther Formats. You can also press F12 for instant operations.
- Define location to save this new file. Give it a name as well. Now click on the downloader just near Save as t ype option.
- Select CSV (Comma Delimited) (* .csv) and click the Save button.
- Click OK to save only the active sheet.
- Click Yes to keep the workbook in CSV format.
- Click Start on the task list> Write Contacts in Search Box. Results will be displayed. Click Contact under the application list.
- The contacts window will be launched. Click the Import tab.
- The Import to Windows Contacts window appears. You need to select Comma Separated Values (CSV), and then click the Import button.
- Click the Browse button to find FileName.csv file.
- View the location of the file and select it. Confirm your selection by clicking Open.
- FileName FileName.csv will be registered in the edit field. To continue the process, click Next.
- In this step, you must mapping the fields you want to import, ie. Text field and Relevance.
- When mapping is complete, click the Finish button.
- In the contact window, select all contacts you want to export to vCard.
- Click on the Export tab at the top.
- Windows windows window appears. You need to select vCards (folder of.vcf files) and click Export button.
- You need to specify a place where you want to save the vCard files. You can save the vCard files to a new folder anywhere. Once the location is defined, click OK.
- In a second, the contact is successfully distributed to a vCard format.
- All Contacts From CSV- The file has been imported to the system.
The above manual trick is considered a simple, safe and effective way to import contacts from Excel files into vCard format. But sometimes it will be a time-consuming task if you have many contacts in your Excel files. You can try the advanced converter tool that can quickly change the contacts of Excel files in vCard format with ease.
Source by Naitik Semwaal