When you work with countless different personalities for 8 to 10 hours a day, conflicts may occasionally arise. Relationship with some staff may be a difficulty, if not impossible. Workplace relationships have a significant impact on the way it is – good relationships can better enjoy working days and help make them more successful while bad relationships are troublesome and valuable for the elderly.
There are behaviors to care for good relationships and avoid bad situations that involve people and others avoid workplace. Below are 7 tips on how to work with your staff:
- Communication is key. The best way to get to know someone, spend some time with them and talk to them. Find something together – kids, workouts, sports, the same cafe, etc. Visit. Nevertheless, you should refrain from using the information you receive from rumors about your employees who are known to bring people together but have a negative impact on the workplace.
- Check your emotions. Avoid negative behaviors, such as physical discomfort, avoid eye contact, or even hostility when you meet a person you do not like or do not care about. Learn how to control your emotions, agree that you disagree, and most importantly, respect you regardless of your true feelings.
- Be useful. Find basic and over-the-job functions. If you keep your head down and work 8 to 10 hours a day, you will not move far. Offer to help an overloaded cook, bake or just keep the door or elevator.
- Smile and thank you. One of the simplest ways to keep positive energy, smile and thank everyone. It's a great way to start a conversation with an employee you do not know very well or just recognize them during a busy business day. Aim to remember that Polly is not a negative Nancy.
- Working on Social Skills Most of the contacts with colleagues are able to read social signs. Especially in group discussions, analyze the situation and suit accordingly. In other words, first measure your audience and then modify the person to make a binding. On the contrary, you can count on the social situation to meet you, which can lead to social discomfort and unpleasant situations.
- Never assume You know the saying about the assumptions … Before you overreact a particular situation, do not forget to stay calm and get all the facts first. Let's clarify (not hostile) from the parties concerned and try to gain a point of view of where your co-workers come from because it has nothing to do with you. Only when it takes time to process all the information must you respond with the correct command chain.
- Avoid office policy. Mostly to avoid office policies. Do not forget about the misleading game on the pickup side, identifying the good guys and the bad guys or the brown neck. It is best to look neutral and concentrated and always be yourself. Finally, remember to keep the good etiquette practiced every day. The difference may be between starting a good working relationship or a bad relationship with the poor, which should ever be solved.
Do you have a tip or any funny anecdotes to share your colleagues' relationships? Office Space scripts always reflect on how to work with your colleagues.